Legal expertise and experience at the intersection of Criminal Law and Data Protection
Malaika Nolde studied Law at Mainz University, specialising in Criminal Law throughout her studies. Subsequent postgraduate studies leading to an LL.M. in Legal Informatics from the University of Hanover and University of Strathclyde in Glasgow have established her current expertise positioned at the interface of Criminal Law, Data Protection, IT and Legal Tech. This specialisation was consolidated during her legal clerkship in Wiesbaden, Mainz and Düsseldorf.
From 2005 to 2008, she worked as a research assistant at the Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law in Freiburg. She subsequently practised law for nine years at a boutique law firm specialising in Commercial Criminal Law, latterly as partner. She then worked for two years at a one-stop-shop law firm in the practice groups of Criminal Compliance, Data Protection and IT.
She has been a TÜV-accredited data protection auditor since 2011. In 2016, she gained specialist accreditation as a Criminal Lawyer and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE). Ongoing advanced training in IT and IT Forensics enables her to offer advice and work products incorporating an increasing level of specific Legal Tech components.
- Law studies in Mainz, 1997–2001
- State examination, January 2002
- Studies abroad at Strathclyde University in Glasgow under the EULISP LL.M. programme in Legal Informatics, 2002–2003
- Legal clerkship 2003–2005 in Mainz, Wiesbaden and Düsseldorf
- State examination, May 2005
- May 2005 to April 2008: Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law
- May 2008 to December 2017: VBB Rechtsanwälte, since 2016 as Partner
- January 2018 to March 2020: Orth Kluth Rechtsanwälte, Salary Partner
- Data Protection Officer (TÜV) since 2010, Data Protection Auditor (TÜV) since 2011
- Certified Criminal Law Specialist since 2016
- Certified Fraud Examiner since 2016
“Recommended lawyer in the ranking of leading lawyers in Commercial Criminal Law.”
WirtschaftsWoche leading law firms 2019
“Highly recommended lawyer” (criminal law – advisory services for individuals and companies)
Legal 500 Germany 2019
“Recommended lawyer in the ranking of leading lawyers in IT Law”
WirtschaftsWoche leading law firms 2018